What is Sports Premium?
The primary P.E and sports premium is paid to schools to fund additional and sustainable improvement to the provision of P.E and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, in 2017/18 academic year, to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
How have we spent the money
We will use the money to ensure that:
- all children benefit, regardless of their sporting ability,
- the most able children are given the opportunity to compete in advanced tournaments, and,
- staff have access to training opportunities and continued professional development.
At Crayford Temple Grove we recognise the contribution of P.E to the health and well-being of the children. In addition, in is considered that an innovative and varied PE curriculum and extra- curricular opportunities have a positive influence on the concentration, attitude and academic achievement of all children.
- We are currently undertaking a PE and School Sport audit and developing our Sports Premium plan to raise standards and participation levels in PE throughout the school.
- We have invested in the Bexley Sports Premium Support Package, which is Bexley Borough’s specialist PE support team. They will work alongside our class teachers in supporting PE lessons and improving the quality of teaching in PE. They will also be running training sessions with the midday supervisors to develop lunchtime games in the playground, encouraging pupils to be more active and to have enjoyable playtimes.
- We have included swimming as part of our PE curriculum and have used the funding to cover the costs of swimming lessons and transport for the swimming lessons.
- At the start of the academic year we carried out a teaching and learning audit to identify teacher confidence within the different areas of the PE curriculum, enabling us to identify where our teachers need support in order to deliver an engaging PE curriculum for all students.
- A recent audit of sports equipment identified that to provide the high quality PE curriculum that we want to offer, we need to provide new equipment to ensure that all areas of the curriculum are accessible.
Impact in 2016/17
As consequence of the Sports Funding, we were able to deliver a range of high quality PE lessons from Reception to Year 6 across both campuses.
We were able to buy new equipment, which facilitated better and wider opportunities, such as the delivery of football, hockey, dance and OAA from Reception to Year 6. Also, this equipment a positive impact on athletics and Sports Days across both campuses.
Children were provided with high quality equipment to ensure exercise and physical health during playtimes and lunch times.
There was an improvement in our Forest School provision.
A review of the Previous Year (2015/16)
- Staff attended CPD linked to gymnastics, athletics and dance
- Children participated in competitive events throughout Bexley Borough.
- Ohter members of staff have attended competitive events in order to support children during lessons.
Plans for 2017/18
In this academic year we are planning to continue with the succesful areas from the previous year and develop certain aspects even further. Therefore the sports premium fund will be spent on the following areas:
Purchasing a scheme of work for delivering outstanding PE lessons in KS1 and KS2.
CPD for staff to ensure all teaching staff have the skills to deliver outstanding PE lessons.
After school clubs offered to pupil premium children in the first instance.
Development of the EYFS outdoor area at North Campus.
Continued development of the Forest School across both campuses.
Continued audits of PE equipment across both campuses and new high quality PE resources.
Transportation and cost of full day orienteering activity day for pupil premium children.
This year we received funding of £10,250.