The school provides students with clear information and guidance about careers and prepares students well for their future learning decisions.
Career exploration, experience of industry and application support are key to enriching the post-16 offer and ensuring our students are prepared for their next stage of education, higher apprenticeships or employment.
In 2017, our first cohort of sixth form students secured outstanding destinations with 60%, securing a place at a higher education institution to study:
- English with History at Queen Mary, University of London
- Biomedical Science at the University of Warwick
- Engineering with Physics at Aberystwyth University
- English and Hispanic Studies at the University of Warwick
- Professional Musicianship (Drums) at The British and Irish Modern Music Institute
- Computing Sciences (with a foundation year) at Sussex University
Furthermore, 25% of our students went on to secure a higher apprenticeship and employment with multinational companies such as:
- Laing O'Rourke on a Civil Engineering programme
- Conway FM on a Quantity Surveying programme
- Icomera on a IT Operations programme
- The Metropolitan Police Force on a Police Constable training programme
These outstanding destinations stem from the unique support we receive from the Haberdashers’, where students are given scholarships to contribute towards their higher education costs, exclusive work experience opportunities and networking events.
As a school we host many projects and partnerships such as Sussex university, the ‘I Am Creative’ campaign with Nike and the Vinspired volunteering programme.
For further information please contact the Careers & Transitions service at: email@example.com
Pupils' preparation for the future is excellent.
Challenge Partners Review, March 2016