This policy statement sets out the school’s arrangements for managing the access of providers to pupils at the school for the purpose of giving them information about the provider’s education or training offer. This complies with the school’s legal obligations under Section 42B of the Education Act 1997.
All pupils in years 8-13 are entitled:
- To find out about technical education qualifications and apprenticeships opportunities, as part of a careers programme which provides information on the full range of education and training options available at each transition point.
- To hear from a range of local providers about the opportunities they offer, including technical education and apprenticeships – through options events, assemblies and group discussions and taster events.
- To understand how to make applications for the full range of academic and technical courses.
- To develop their knowledge of a variety of careers with a view to making an informed decision about further education, training and employment opportunities.
Management of Provider Access Requests
If you would like to request access to the students at Haberdashers’ Aske’s Knights Academy, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org and ask your email is forwarded to the Careers department.
Opportunities for Access
We have a number of careers activities integrated into our the Knights Academy Careers Education, Information, Advice and Guidance programme and offer providers a dedicated time slot to come in to school to meet and work with students. Daily tutor group sessions and weekly assemblies throughout the school year create targeted periods to present to a larger audience. These regular sessions are supplemented by termly off-timetable days. All these contribute to providing students with opportunities to develop themselves through careers, employability and enterprise education, learn about careers and the world of work, and so build on their career management and employability skills.
Examples of such sessions:
Careers & Subject Talks
Post 14 Options
Post 14 Subject Tasters
Post 16 Choices
Post 16 Applications
Post 16 Tasters
Post 16 Intented
Higher Educations & Training Fair
Personal Statement Workshops
Student Finance Presentation
Student Life Workshops
Apprenticeship/School Leaver Programmes
Premises and Facilities
Haberdashers’ Aske’s Knights Academy has the following spaces available for providers to use to facilitate their activity:
- Facilities – an assembly hall with raised stage for Year group presentations, a large Sports Hall, a Drama Studio with theatre seating, Dance Studio, Learning Resource Centre with computers, a number of dedicated ICT rooms and various classrooms all with whiteboard screens and access to the internet.
- ICT - Specialist equipment to support provider presentations.
This will all be discussed and agreed in advance of the activity and providers are welcome to send a copy of their prospectus or other relevant course literature addressed to the Careers department.